Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Gone.....

I was shocked to hear the news that 3o children from Bohol was killed by eating a deadly cassava during recess. I even got depressed when i saw a kid screaming "mamatay na ako" ( I'm going to die) and sadly he really died. Reports says that main cause of this food poisoning was the homemade cassava being sold outside the school. The vendor was nugget by parents and as to prove it is not the source she have eaten the cassava but she too also got infected. So it really was the cassava who caused it. I felt pity fore the vendor because it was unexpected. She just want to earn money to live but disaster struck. Could you imagine how she is feeling right now, 30 young lives is now gone and its because of her? She will have that burden for the rest of her life? Plus 4 of the casualties are her own grandchildren.
I felt crying when I saw the parents crying so hard to the lifeless body of their beloved kid. Losing a child is painful adding to the fact that it is a child, young and innocent. I also thought of how the teachers feel seeing majority of its class suffering. Losing one is hard but they have lost a lot.
To the kids who died may they rest in peace.

No comments: