Friday, November 25, 2005

The Kiss

Our class watched the school play "Kung paano ko pinatay si Diana Ross", we were actually required to do so since our World Literature class asked us to do a reaction paper. The plot is all about a closet gay [Surprise! actually a lot of plays I have seen here in my school always has a gay theme] and "Diana Ross" is the "alter ego" or the gay side that Andy [the lead] is hiding all his life. Honestly, the story was good and the screenplay was fantastic. But one thing that I did really likie, it had kissing scene between two men. And it is not just a simple kiss, it was a long, torrid kissing. Okay, you might think that I'm fickleminded but I just want you to know that I have nothing against homosexuals. I agree that there is nothing wrong or sinful about being such. I don't want to be judgemental yet I don't want to be a hypocrite. I'm not really comfortable with seeing a kiss between two individuals of the same gender. But I know the kiss was necesarry for the story and I salute the actors for being brave to do that since I know they are aware that people might give negative feedbacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actully, hindi na nga sya ganun kaliberated unlike before... kaya yang nakita mo.. mild pa lang yan
-cmc