Saturday, February 16, 2008

Three!

Ack!

How could I forgot? It's a bit late but as the cliche goes"better late than never", last February 3 this blog celebrated its third birthday!
Pretty amazing that this blog have gone this far. It just started as "wala lang". I used to blog at the library [the ERS for DLSU-D students/alumni] and now I do it more frequent because I now have Internet access at home. This blog has witnessed a lot events in my life haha.
Thank you to all visitors from classmates,to org-mates, to acquaintances, to online buddies and lurkers.

Let me share to you my very first post:

Dreams,frustrations,inhibitions,decisions........

My dream is to become a journalist that's why I took up Broadcast Journalism. But I'm afraid I lack the qualities to be one. First of all I never had any experience. Even highschool journalism, I never experienced. Well my high school did not have a school paper anyway. Why? I really don't know why our school administration did not want to have one. It really frustrates me whenever I think of all the things I missed out. I could have learn the basics IF I had the chance to be a campus scribe. For a while I thought of not taking this course because I'm so scared that I could not do it. But my long time aspiration prevailed so I decided to pursue it anyway. Then comes another dilemma, the school I want to enroll does not offer JOURNALISM ONLY instead a double major BROADCAST JOURNALISM. The "inhibition cell" of my brain worked again? I'm not good in speaking, I stutter and talk fast. Plus I'm a shy person. And lastly I'm not good looking; definitely not a TV type person. But I don't want to go to other schools that offer journalism only because they are far from home. So in the end I enrolled for the broadcast journalism program. I said to myself " Well there is still journalism and I could learn".
Well I'm still here already near the end of my first year and I must say I'm doing okay. But my subjects are still the minor ones, we will having major subjects by next sem. I'm looking forward for it, I know it will be hard but I do hope I could do it.

***

Oh my. I feel so nostalgic. I wrote this one as a frustrated freshman now I'm near the end! And well who would have thought in 3 years time, my dream will be a reality, well at least in the field of campus journalism.

I love blogging! With my blog looking back is so much fun to do.

1 comment:

aajao said...

happy, happy, happy 3 years anniversary to your blog, jecoup! mabuhay ang mga bloggers at ang ating mga blogsss... :P