Friday, March 27, 2009

When Was The Last Time.....

.....you drank water straight from the faucet?

Me, I think it was almost a decade ago. I remember my mother decided to have mineral water delivered to for us to drink since the Water District circulated a memo that our water supply is currently being tested and advised us to boil the water first if we will consume it. But my mother decided to just buy mineral water and back then it was something unusual for middle class homes to do that. But now, it seems ordinary to have mineral/purified water delivered.
I was reading an essay last night and the writer said that how time has changed because she grew up drinking water straight from the faucet and she has no qualms about it and she never knew that there will come a day that people will have to buy "safe water" to drink. It freaked her out. Me too.

No comments: