Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Fresh Start

Today was the inauguration of the 15th President of the Republic of the Philippines, Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III. To be honest, I'm a bit wary of President Aquino's capability to lead the country but I told myself that I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I have to respect the choice of the 15 million Filipinos who voted for him. I have many issues about why I don't like President Aquino but I will put those aside to give him a chance. As I blogged several times before. I will give him the chance to prove me wrong. And I actually want to be proven wrong. I really wish him well and based on his inaugural speech, I see some potential. I was quite impressed how he sounded sincere and that is all I need to hear actually. I know it won't be easy but I won't dwell into negativity for now. For what is worth, he has given a lot of Filipinos hope that this country could still go somewhere. I saw how my mother's eyes was full of hope when she watched President Aquino delivering his speech even my father who voted for Gibo was also hopeful that President Aquino could do a good job leading the country. So let's cross our fingers, that President Aquino will prove the skeptics wrong. God Bless The Philippines!

No comments: