Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spotlight: The Social Network



When I first heard that there will be movie about Facebook I thought it was a joke but to my surprise the people behind the film are actually credible and serious filmmakers. The Social Network is the story on how Facebook was created, it is written by Aaron Sorkin ("The West Wing," "A Few Good Men"), directed by David Fincher ("Curious Case of Benjamin Button") and produced by Scott Rudin ("No Country for Old Men," "There Will Be Blood," "Doubt," "Julie and Julia"). There is already a review of this film and the critic says the film is so good that it could be the frontrunner for next year's Oscar awards. I for one will be watching this film once it hit the local theaters (and I believe it will given how popular Facebook is here in the Philippines, I'm sure a lot will be curious about the film). It will be shown in the US in October (and hopefully not long after for the Philippines)


No comments: