Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Midweek Musings 7

* Yesterday was Canon's Winter Wonderland, trade launch of their new products at the Edsa Shangri-La. The company I'm working for organized the event (our second one for Canon) and well I'm proud to say we pulled it off despite some problems (which is normal). It was my first to be inside a five star hotel and I must say I love the ambiance but unbelievable prices for their services! Like we had to print something and we found out they charge 54 pesos per page! I mean I know everything there is expensive but 54 PESOS per page on a normal bond paper? Overpriced is an understatement. Anyway, back to the event I love the production design aside from the Christmas themed-stage we also had "specialty booths" where each product is displayed, we had a Culinary booth, an Alice in Wonderland booth, Fairies, Videoke and many more. My main role for this event was the same with what I did with the first one, wrote the script and assisted host which is once DJ Scarlet of 99.5 RT. She's really a good host, some of her spiels were rushed because of some last minute changes but she still hosted with ease. And she's very, very nice and pretty of course :D EDSA Shangri-La provided some complimentary food items and I took one box to bring home to my family and they loved it :)

*I will visit my alma matter, DLSU-DasmariƱas this coming Monday to attend the opening of Heraldo Filipino's 25th Anniversary Exhibit. I'm really proud that I was part of HF, I learned so many things there that really made a huge impact in my life. I'm looking forward to this visit. I miss HF so much (and my college life for that matter). :)

* Fall TV Season in the US just started and I'm excited to see the new shows and of course the return of my favorites. Aside from the shows itself, I also love monitoring the ratings for this shows. Thanks to TV By The Numbers I became obsessed with US TV Ratings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post pictures of the event! Was it a private function? If it wasn't, sana nakapunta ako! :)

forg/jecoup said...

By invitation yung trade launch ng Canon eh, media sa umaga and retailers/business partners sa gabi.

I will post some pictures kapag nakapag upload na mga ka officemate ko :D